The Chatree Gold Mine is wholly owned and operated by Kingsgate, through our Thai subsidiary Akara Resources.
The mine is located in central Thailand, approximately 280 kilometres north of Bangkok.
The Chatree Gold Mine is a world class gold producing asset, with a proven operating history, with 1.8 million ounces of gold and 10 million ounces of silver produced between 2001–2016.
Chatree is a large scale, low-cost, open pit operation with a combined +5 Mtpa processing capacity across two plants, with existing Life of Mine supporting a ~9 year mine life based on 1.3m oz gold reserve.
Chatree is located in the Loei fold belt and has significant exploration potential. An aggressive exploration program is underway, with activity concentrated on a South-Eastern corridor.
Processing operations recommenced at Chatree in March 2023 and the focus is now on completing the Plant #1 Overhaul Project early in 2024 and returning to previous steady state production of over 100–120k oz gold per year.
2023 was a pivitol year for the Chatree Gold Mine with a number of key achievements:
- Reopened the Chatree Gold Mine after 6 years
- Secured approximately $150 million in Board of Investment incentives (including an eight-year tax holiday)
- Granted access to new Special Prospecting Licence areas
- Reported significant gold intercepts within 20km of Chatree
- Recommenced mining operations in A Pit West