KCN will transfer responsibility for the maintenance of the KCN Share Register to Link Market Services Limited (Link), effective start of business Monday, 30 June 2014.
The new share registry contact details are provided below:
Link Market Services Limited
680 George Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
Locked Bag A14
SYDNEY SOUTH NSW 1235
International Telephone: 61 1300 554 474
Facsimile: 02 9287 0303
Lodgement of documentation by member organisations, security holders, and other interested parties must be made at the new address from Monday, 30 June 2014.
Should you have any questions regarding the change of address, please direct them to Alison McGuire, National Business Development Manager, at Link on 02 8280 7662.
Kingsgate Consolidated Ltd
It is with sincere regret and great sadness that Kingsgate Consolidated Limited (ASX: KCN) wishes to advise that long serving Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Gavin Thomas, has passed away in Sydney with his family by his side.
Gavin has been fighting a serious illness over the past 18 months with the same focus and vigour that has exemplified his working life and the outstanding contribution he has made to mineral exploration, discovery and operation throughout Australia and the Pacific Rim.
Chairman of Kingsgate Ross Smyth-Kirk said he and the Board recognised Gavin’s contribution to the industry and in particular to Kingsgate, which he joined in 2004, had been extraordinary in both dedication and discovery.
“Gavin’s legacy to the mining industry goes well beyond his time at Kingsgate. He had more than 40 years of experience operating throughout the world. Under his leadership Kingsgate evolved from a single operation in Thailand into a geographically diversified asset base,” he said.
The Board and broader Kingsgate family wishes to pass on its sincere sympathy and condolences to Gavin’s family and friends at this time.
Kingsgate Consolidated Limited
As announced on 13 March 2014 Kingsgate Consolidated Limited (ASX: KCN) advised that the Board has commenced a succession plan for Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Gavin Thomas, after nearly 10 years in the position.
Gavin has been fighting a serious illness over the past 18 months and has decided to relinquish his position with immediate effect to focus on his health.
The Company wishes to acknowledge the outstanding contribution Gavin has made to Kingsgate during his tenure and particularly his passion and unending drive for the benefit of the Company and its shareholders. Gavin has taken Kingsgate from a single mine operation to a multi-national entity with two operating mines and two advanced development projects during that time.
The Company is progressing towards the appointment of a new CEO and the Executive Committee of Kingsgate will continue to execute the activities of the Company in anticipation of the appointment.
Kingsgate Consolidated Limited
Kingsgate Consolidated Limited (ASX: KCN) wishes to advise that business is continuing as usual at its Chatree operations in Thailand following the move by the army to take control of the administration of the country on Wednesday 22 May. This followed the imposition of martial law on Tuesday 20 May 2014 which was implemented after several months of anti-government protests in Bangkok.
Kingsgate has been investing and operating in Thailand for over 15 years and the mine has not lost one day of production due to similar issues over that time. Travel to Thailand, including the capital Bangkok and the Chatree mine approximately 250km north of Bangkok, continues around the imposed curfew of 10.00pm to 5.00am.
Kingsgate would also like to confirm that the previously announced annual gold production guidance remains unchanged at 190,000 to 210,000 ounces, with both Chatree and Challenger performing inline with expectations.
Managing Director and CEO
Kingsgate Consolidated Limited
Kingsgate had a solid March quarter. Group gold production for the quarter of 48,725 ounces at a total cash cost of US$977/ounce was in-line with expectations, with production on track to achieve the guidance range for the year.
This result reflects continued focus on operating efficiencies and cost reduction initiatives given the current volatile operating environment for gold producers.
Gold sales for the quarter were 48,216 ounces at an average gold price received of US$1,274/ounce. The Group All-in Sustaining Cash Cost was US$1,126/ounce for the quarter.
- Solid Group operating performance with quarterly gold production in-line with expectations at 48,725 ounces.
- Strong June quarter expected to deliver full year guidance.??Chatree produced 31,609 ounces of gold at US$805/ounce and Challenger produced 17,116 ounces of gold at US$1,293/ounce for the quarter.
- Balance sheet strengthened with institutional placement and accelerated entitlement issue completed raising A$28.5 million (before costs). Retail component completed in April raising an additional A$30.9 million (before costs).
- The Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS) for Nueva Esperanza confirms robust project economics.
- CEO search well advanced.
The Board of Kingsgate Consolidated Limited ABN 42 000 837 472 (“Company”) has resolved to cancel the general meeting scheduled to be held on 9 May 2014 (“General Meeting”), in accordance with rule 9.7 of the constitution of the Company.
The General Meeting was called for shareholders to consider and approve the following 3 resolutions:
- Resolution 1 – to approve and ratify under ASX Listing Rule 7.4 a prior issue of 11,774,572 ordinary shares to Investec Bank (Australia) Limited on 19 December 2013;
- Resolution 2 – to approve and ratify under ASX Listing Rule 7.4 a prior issue of 14,661,220 ordinary shares to domestic and international institutional investors on 28 March 2014; and
- Resolution 3 – to approve, if necessary, the issue up to 11,100,000 ordinary shares to RCA VI GP Ltd (an entity which forms part of the Resource Capital Funds (“RCF”) group) in the event that RCF’s commitment to subscribe for ordinary shares in the Company was not fulfilled by RCF partially sub-underwriting the recent Retail Entitlement Offer.
The Board has determined that:
- due to the success of the recent capital raising, the Company does not need to refresh its placement capacity at this point in time, and accordingly it is not necessary to put Resolution 1 and Resolution 2 to shareholders; and
- as RCF’s commitment was fulfilled under its sub-underwriting of the Retail Entitlement Offer, it is not necessary to put Resolution 3 to shareholders.
Accordingly, the Board has determined that in order to avoid costs and disruption associated with holding the General Meeting, it is in the best interest of the Company and shareholders to cancel the General Meeting.