The members of the Nomination Committee, as at the date of this Report, are:
- Mr Ross Smyth-Kirk (Chairman of Remuneration Committee);
- Mr Peter McAleer; and
- Mr Craig Carracher.
The role of the Nomination Committee supports and advises the Board in fulfilling its responsibility to ensure that it comprises individuals who are best able to discharge the responsibilities of the Directors, having regard to the law and the highest standards of governance, by:
- assessing the skills required on the Board;
- reviewing the structure, size and composition of the Board;
- from time to time assessing the extent to which the required skills are represented on the Board and ensuring an appropriate succession planning is in place;
- establishing processes for the review of the performance of individual Directors and the Board as a whole, its committees and key executives; and
- establishing processes for the identification of suitable candidates for appointment to the Board.
To ensure that the Board has an appropriate mix of skills and experience, the Nomination Committee will consider men and women from diverse backgrounds for Board membership who have demonstrated high levels of integrity and performance in improving shareholder returns, and who can apply such skills and experience to the benefit of the Company.
The Nomination Committee met once during the 2012 financial year.
The Nomination Committee operates in accordance with the following charter: CG07_Nomination_Committee_Charter_090611web.pdf